Friday 1 February 2013

Please leave your shoes (and your ego) at the door...

If you've ever been to an ethnic abode be it Greek, Lebanese, Indian, Chinese or Italian you're likely to have been asked to leave your shoes at the door.

Why?

In many cultures it's a sign of respect for your host and their home. 

And let's be honest, there's something so very relaxing about getting home and kicking your shoes off. Ah, freedom. In my case, I like to unhook the old brassiere as soon as the key has turned but this is not the type of behaviour I encourage you to engage in when visiting your friends. Yah, awkward. 

But back to feet...sure it may be a little embarrassing at first but after a short time in good company, these feelings are soon forgotten. Besides, your hosts likely adore you but don't want you trawling grass, dirt or any other grubbery through the house. 

The way I figure it, much like shoes - the ego is something best left at the door. Perhaps it'll be a tad uncomfortable (I mean, NO ONE wants to gawk at my stumpy, bumpy toes, right?!) but you might discover it's well worth it.

Today's message; keep your ego and your metaphorical house in check. Treat it with respect and kindness and serve yourself faithfully. After all, you don't want to have to continually clean up the mess. 

Loving you, loving me...TLT x











No comments:

Post a Comment