Wednesday 28 August 2013

Oh, just get over it!

Get over it!
Let it go!
Suck it up!

Every day, people everywhere are telling themselves and others to take heed of one of the above, or variations thereof, in order to "get on with things" and this, like the Eurythmics classic, sits like a thorn in my side.

Somehow we've arrived at a point where we can barely muster the energy to demonstrate care or consideration for our own challenges let alone the plight of others.

It bugs me. So, I'm proposing a new world order.

I'm choosing to pluck that thorn from my side and letting things heal naturally. I'm saying that it's a-ok to take stock of what's happened, process it, establish our own thoughts and feelings about things then take the next step in finding our happy place - in our own sweet time. Be it starting something, ending something, tackling things with a new perspective, setting new boundaries or otherwise.

No one person or circumstance is the same. We all perceive and feel things differently and it's presumptuous and unfair to impose that lack of kindness or consideration upon anyone - including (and often most importantly), ourselves.

Now I ain't saying hold on to every bit of pain and turmoil - quite the contrary in fact.

I think a nice way to sum it up is sharing a line from the Woody Allen film, Blue Jasmine - P.S Cate Blanchett's performance was superb.  

"Some people don't get over things as quick as others."

I related with, and absolutely respect this and believe the world would be a better place if others gave it a shot too.

Loving you, loving me...TLT x


No comments:

Post a Comment